Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which adhesive for engineered wood over underfloor heating? Rea

Posted by bwadboy (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 11:06

Hi

We've just bought a place in France and would like to lay down an engineered wooden floor. The flat has underfloor heating and we've been advised to glue the floor rather than floating. I'd like to know which adhesive works best - I'll be buying it in the UK as prices are high in France. I've checked out Everbuild lumberjack, Bona, Eva stick and rewmar but not sure which is the best value for money. Everbulid is not solvent free - is that a concern. Thanks in advance for any help - kind of stuck! Excuse the pun.

Read more: http://www.diynot.com/forums/floors-stairs-lofts/which-adhesive-for-engineered-wood-over-underfloor-heating.324646/#2405693#ixzz1vW72cMKt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which adhesive for engineered wood over underfloor heating?

Bona is always good. Also Wakol. What is the heating element? Electrical or water? If electrical DO NOT apply the glue directly over the heating element.

o

I think there are water pipes under the concrete floor. It is a 1950s buliding . After much research I've realised that gluing down the floor is best but here in France there are many shops which state that I'd need to glue a layer of cork under the wood. They say that for the neighbors and possible future legal conflict it's necessary. Is this the case or can I just glue the wood straight onto the concrete floor? Also, is it really not advisable to float the floor? The cost of extra adhesive and cork will be significant - not to mention the extra work load!

o

Who told you not to float???

You can float any floor over any substrate. And cork is a waste of time. The nice thing about is that you can lay it then sand out any humps easier then grinding concrete. But you should lay some sort of underlayment wether it be tar paper or something else.

If you want to reduce the amount of noise that can be cause from walking on the floor they have underlayments that are designed for such purposes. They are expensive ($200 for 100sq ft) but being concrete your not going to be disturbing your neighbors.

Your decision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here