Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with tile sizing!

Posted by AboutToGetDusty (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 10:49

Hi, we're redoing our kitchen/powder room/mudroom...we have red oak flooring running down the hall to the mudroom, which will meet with tile. I am trying to find slate or faux slate tiles, dark grey, rectangles (not digging squares right now). Our house was built in 1940 and the hallway and mudroom space that needs to be filled is 55 square feet. Thanks for any advice! I thought I found the perfect faux slate but it comes in only 12x24, and I think that would be too modern and big for the space.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with tile sizing!

The larger the tiles (or if you use stone) the more solid (less deflection) the surface MUST have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here