Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor for craft room

Posted by thingsthatinspire (thingsthatinspire@gmail.com) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 7:37

Hi - I am building a house, and we decided to use a bit of space that framed out bigger than we thought for a craft room. We are keeping the space very simple, and it will be used for sewing, painting, craft type activities.

Any suggestion for a floor? I was thinking about getting really inexpensive wood floor and painting it in a cheerful and interesting pattern, but it is more expensive than I thought when you consider labor, install, finishing.

I looked into vinyl tiles, but I ideally would want a solid look, not the psuedo stone look. I would actually be good with the institutional style solid color checkerboard floors that you see in hospitals, schools and such, but I can only find 12x12 and I would like 16x16 or 18x18.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor for craft room

You can find vinyl tile and vinyl composition tile in the 18" by 18" format. You have to order through a full-line flooring dealer or purchase from an online vendor.

Look at Toli, Amtico, Nafco and others. Toli makes a VCT tile called Linotesta, that looks like linoleum tile. And, I think Nafco makes an "institutional-style" look in an 18" by 18" format. There are others...keep digging.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here