Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luxury vinyl plank flooring

Posted by go_figure01 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 19:16

I have been looking at flooring for quite awhile.
I have been looking at the laminate wood lines mostly, have ruled out hardwd and engineered woods because of maintenance and cost.
Recently came across "luxury vinyl planks" that actually surprised me. After a bit of internet surfing, discovered that there are many mfgs. Armstrong, Mannington, Dupont, etc.
Found 2 more that look really good; Reward Toasted Oak and MetroFlor Engage Seal Rock Hickory.

Does anyone have any pics or any experience w/vinyl flooring planks? Would love if you could share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luxury vinyl plank flooring

I had asked the same thing a while back, here is a link to the postings at Gardenweb. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/flooring/msg0911023312366.html

Or do a search in the forum for Novalis peel and stick. Hope that helps.

I did use peel and stick in my bathroom and I love it. Just make sure you fit it very tight together (otherwise there could be contraction gaps) with 1/4 in away from the wall, for expansion.

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenweb novalis

o

TY hdrockercgirl! That was a really helpful thread.
Ü

o

Yes, we chose vinyl plank for our townhouse last year, to replace carpet. I installed it myself as a first time flooring project, it was very easy to install and I have been told it looks pro. It cost 80 cents/sq ft (Lowes Surface Source, I think we got it on close-out as it's no longer available).

We are very happy with the floors, they look good - better than most laminate - and there is no noise such as squeaks or crackles. They clean so easily! At first we were careful but now we drag out furniture across the floor etc and have no scratches or marks. I did test various sample planks and chose this one partly due to it's especially durable nature. It's almost a year old now and looks the same as when installed. It is firmly in place not one issue with coming up, gaps or anything. I did follow instructions for installation to leave space under baseboards for expansion an installed in hot weather (it was 80 in May in CA). I put the planks in tight since it was about as hot as the house was going to get, and I don't see gaps now in the winter.

It went over old plywood subfloors upstairs and concrete slab ground level. I sealed the concrete with drylok before putting the floors in.

Here are some photos!

Installation upstairs

It is possible with careful measurement and planning to do an entire floor with no transitions

Installation downstairs over sealed concrete slab

downstairs is also continuous install from living/dining into kitchen and bathroom

vinyl floor transitioning to stairs - stained pine treads and painted MDF risers

o

Wow tinan! You did a great job! TY for posting pics. It really looks good. I will ck out Lowes for sure.

Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here