Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
511 Seal & Enhance

Posted by lodalady (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 17:34

HELP>>>I sealed my 20 yr old terra cotta tile floor this morning with this 511 product. The label says it can be reapplied in 1-2 hours. However, six hours later and it is still tacky. What's up? Has anyone had this same experience and what should I do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 511 Seal & Enhance

eight hours later and it is still tacky.

o

I was going to use 511 on my granite counters to take away some of the honing from use. I would call a floor guy from the "yellow pages" and ask them what they think. No action on these threads I'm afraid.

o

Ask on the John Bridges forum.

o

Weren't stripped properly first and wrong product for application. Clean with mineral spirits, or acetone. May not work. May neeed big guns like MEK. Call a pro.

o

Hollysprings, you may be right. I didn't strip it, but I scrubbed it four times, twice on hands and knees, scrubbing the groute with a detailing brush (metal?). The floor may be older than 20 years, but I know it has had no maintenance, aside from mopping, for 10 years at a minimum. It may have has a forty years finish on it, LOL!
I read the directions again, and it said to wipe off excess. It also says that the excess can be wiped off when the second coat is applied. Plus, it had a very shiney finish.
I did a second coat before going to bed, and wiped as I went. The floor was dry this morning, and has a nice matt finish. I'm just so happy that the big dog drips (Boxer) no longer soak in.
I would recommend this product to a friend and that the company add a video of value to youtube, or add more directions, because the directions and the support team at the 800# sucks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here