Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searched & cant find weights etc on these Smartstrand Carpets

Posted by wantlakewoodranch (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 16:54

I Can't find specific weights/specs on these Smartstrand Carpets anywhere. The only retailer that had weights anywhere on the samples was LOWES, do I just take the word of the dealers? Another thread here said Luck Star at Lowes is the same as Intelligent Stylebut Intelligent Style has longer threads so that doesn;t appear to be true.

Intelligent Style 1I50,
Organic Luxury 1I51, and
Elegance 1I54
LOWES SOS Voyager 50 oz
LOWES SOS Lucky Star 60 oz
None of them show weights except LOWES? Can you tell me the spec differences so we can make our decision?

Any help appreciated/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searched & cant find weights etc on these Smartstrand Carpet

Lucky Star & Intelligent style are the same style & density--they just have different names based on the retailer. We have the Intelligent/Lucky Star style and we are very happy with it. It is thick & plush enough to feel luxurious--denser than alot of competitor carpets that you are used to. IMO, it's not necessary to go with one that is any denser--all density levels have the same warranty. I would stick with 60oz and upgrade your pad. Alot of people upgrade the carpet and go with the cheapest pad possible, when the pad is just as important as the carpet.

Hope this helps!

o

Appreciate the followup. The Mohawk Intelligent Style sample we got has longer strands than the Lucky Star sample at Lowes. Call me crazy but the Intelligent Style is longer. I want to buy the Intelligent Style because I'd rather give the local guy the business over Lowes but don't want the longer strands :(

o

Try going one level down at your local guy--it's called Brilliant. It will be a little less dense & the strands should be a little shorter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here