Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mw927

Lauzon NextSeal and NextBond

MW927
9 years ago

We are installing Lauzon NextStep African Sapele square edge. Does anyone know where we can purchase the recommended Lauzon NextBond adhesive and NextSeal subfloor sealer? Has anyone used Lauzon's adhesive and sealer? I have read on the forum that some people used Bostik adhesive to glue down Lauzon engineered floors. Bostik is more readily available for online purchase. Is there is a difference between NextBond and Bostik?

Comments (5)

• _sophiewheeler
    9 years ago

Buy your products at the same place that you purchase your flooring: your local flooring store. You're not getting a warranty with a net purchase, non approved glue, and a DIY install. And sapele has enough issues that you really may end up needing a warranty.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

We have Lauzon engineered flooring. Dh did not use Lauzon's
    sealer or adhesive, he used Bostik adhesive.

We did not seal the total area of concrete subfloor. However, we did use a Moisture Vapor Protection substance (also made by Bostik) on some portions of the concrete.

It's been (almost) 5 years and not a single problem. Hopefully, that will continue!

Below, I have a link to my old post. If you scroll down almost to the end, you'll see where I talk about the trowel size/dimensions.
    Lauzon had specifics about that (for the glue down process).
    Inside each box of boards, Lauzon has installation instructions.
    Trowel info is included in those instructions.

We used the square edge boards, too. I hope you post pictures when done. I would love to see the African Sapele installed!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Flooring Post - 5 Years Ago

• MW927
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your replies. Laurie, your floors are beautiful! I emailed the regional representative of Lauzon--he said 80% of Lauzon floors are glued down with Bostik--So hopefully everything will progress smoothly. We did hire a professional contractor to install the floors. I don't think we could do it ourselves.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

MW - I think it's a good idea to hire a professional for install. Dh is a retired professional engineer with meticulous tendencies. It was truly the most difficult DIY project that he had ever tackled. Getting that floor flat (especially for square edge/no bevels) was time consuming, yet extremely important. The glue was messy for us...a pro will have more experience and be better at handling the whole situation.
    Post pictures when done!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

MW927, I can't wait to see pictures of your flooring installed! I wish Laurie lived near me and her husband would be willing to be paid to install my floors since he did such a great job installing the engineered hardwood flooring, the baseboards and the kitchen tile! He is amazing and so is Laurie. Lauzon has beautiful hardwood milling!