Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sadler_mkb

Shoe me your linoleum floor...

sadler_mkb
14 years ago

I am unable to put tile down in my kitchen, due to structural problems with the house. I decided I will try to find some linoleum floor that looks like tile. Does anyone have any in there home they can show me?

Thanks,

Kathi

Comments (11)

• dannie
    14 years ago

Here is mine. It is Mannington Pompeii Fresco. Not linoleum per se but it is vinyl flooring.

{{gwi:1529354}}

• debo_2006
    14 years ago

I'm big on vinyl flooring as tile is too hard on the feet and I don't like wood floors in a kitchen. Here's our's...StainMaster Resilient Flooring (it's very high end). I was told at the store it's by Mannington, but no where on the sample board did it indicate Mannington. Here's a link although the colors on it are not as they are in person.

{{gwi:1526288}}

{{gwi:1526292}}

Here is a link that might be useful: floor

• echoflooring
    14 years ago

stainmaster vinyl is simply a mannington floor . They bought rights to use the name

• Laurie
    14 years ago

Kathi - are you looking for pictures of vinyl or linoleum? These are two different products, however, people tend to mix them up. Linoleum is a natural product, which is now made by Forbo (some other companies make it, Armstrong for one, but Forbo is the one I'm familiar with) and is now called Marmoleum (I think they lost the rights to the original word).

Vinyl is a man made product. Linoleum is completely made from natural products

BTW, it is very hygenic, repairable, and pretty easy to keep clean. It's also quite soft to walk on and comes in a great amount of colors which can be mixed and matched and cut into patterns. It does require some maintenance and an installer who knows what they are doing. My old job installed it in the entrance area and it wore pretty well.

• sadler_mkb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I would love to see pictures of both. Please help

• cancoi
    13 years ago

*bump*

• chipongo
    13 years ago

I have posted these before, but will again, because I remember being frustrated trying to find pictures of linoleum when we were looking. This is Marmoleum Click. The color is Shitake. I need to take a few more, now that the kitchen is finished, but this should give you an idea. We LOVE it. So comfortable underfoot, extremely low maintenance. We decided to go with a single color in our small space, but there are loads of fun patterns that you can do.

• cancoi
    13 years ago

Thanks, chipongo! Looks great!

• clg7067
    13 years ago

I'd love to use the Forbo click in my kitchen, but it's way out of my price range.

Check out some of the Pergo laminate tile patterns. I'm pretty happy with my Pergo.

• clg7067
    13 years ago

Well, I guess "Pergo" doesn't have the tile patterns, but other good laminate companies do. Just don't get the cheapest.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wilsonart flooring

• chipongo
    13 years ago

I'm not that familiar with floor pricing, but we had originally planned to do tile in our kitchen, and the Marmoleum came in at half of what we had budgeted. I just did a quick search on-line and the price varies, but a lot popped up at $3.69/sq ft. I don't know how that compares to Pergo or others. We had a relatively small space, so it worked for us.