Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cassidyhome4

Metroflor Hybrid Plus - any experience?

cassidyhome
13 years ago

I live in a house with about 1000 sf on the ground floor, on concrete slab, and I have been planning to rip up the carpet/maple/tile/vinyl to install one material on the entire level. I visited an independently-owned flooring store today and spoke to the owner about what could stand up to my crazy family - two kids, a dog, a woodworker husband, and myself a gardener. Our floors are always dirty and they have to withstand a lot of carelessness.

She recommended Metroflor's new plank product - Hybrid Plus - which is a "faux" wood look accomplished in super durable vinyl mounted to a HDF core plank. It was amazing to touch, warm and quiet on the feet, and distressed in its finish. I liked it immediately.

Anyone here have any experience with this product? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to a an online store, as Metroflor doesn't seem to have this product on their website

Comments (8)

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

I'll be watching this thread. I'm looking for something. I don't know what, for the bathroom. I want WOW!

• cassidyhome
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The owner of the store said a powder room is okay but she wouldn't recommend using Metroflor in a bathroom because it needs to have a gap around the edges - it's a floating floor. You wouldn't be able to butt it right up against a tub, for example. For something WOW! I recommend a product we used in our master bathroom - Cerim Wood Collection Porcelain tile. You can see the Ellinton color in my bathroom:

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb Gallery page

• dona
    13 years ago

Cassidyhome -
    Did you end up using the Metroflor Hybrid? My parents are considering using it, but I can't much info. on it. I'd love to hear about your - and anyone else's - experience with this product. TIA!

• cassidyhome
    Original Author
    13 years ago

In the 4 months since I saw Metroflor Hybrid Plus, I have not been able to convince my husband to go to the flooring store to look at it. If I did return to the store, I would hope the owner could share some customer experiences with the product.

I hesitate to be an early adopter with any new technology. In my mind, the product would suit my needs perfectly but I would like to talk to at least one person who has taken that plunge ahead of me!

It's also a little weird that Metroflor hasn't put Hybrid Plus on their website yet. What is up with that?

• LINDSEY_APPLECREATIONS_NET
    13 years ago

I am planning on installing this in a 1,000 sf on a ground floor for the exact same reasons as the first post. I am confident that it will be amazing and the added bonus is that it is an eco-friendly product. As an interior designer I have been searching all over to find the best dark floor that is durable, warm to the touch and fade resistant. The African Ebony so far has been my favorite. I think this is a Chinese brand so perhaps that explains the lack of information in english. I found the website finally: thehybridfloors.com

• mohammad121_sbcglobal_net
    13 years ago

Have 50 Thousan Sqare feet of this floor I am willing to sell them as low as $1.99 per sqfeet (310)329-3612

• Mohammad121
    11 years ago

I have 45000 sq feet of 20 mil metroflor vinyl plank and vinyl Tile
    Planks: in two styles 1- Beach wood colors: Coronado and Ginger Metalic 2-parks Grand Teton and Yosemite
    Tiles : Style 1- Apparel color Suede 2- Style onyx Colors A- Black pearls B- Aqua 3- Earthstone color Obsidian 4- Style: Shalestone color Clay All priced at $1.49 First Quality discontinued Please call me (310)329-3612

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor