Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anso Nylon question

Posted by mybrowneyedgirls (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 16:10

Anyone have experience with the Anso nylon frieze (specifically their "design twist" line)? I have a couple of questions. My salesperson told me that their middle grade ("gold" line) is 60 oz. Shaw said no, it is 41. Is 41 going to hold up ok? Seems pretty thick, but I'm disappointed it is not really 60 oz.
Next, I was under the impression that will retain its twist well--it has a 20 yr texture retension warranty, even on stairs. But when I tested a sample piece for stain resistance (which performed well) the twist came undone on some strands, and some strands "ballooned" at the top. I was pretty disappointed. I got an amazing price on this carpet (and have to order by tonight). From what another carpet company told me, they can't come close to matching the price I got and that the store must be selling it at a loss. So the price is great but now I'm nervous about how it will hold up. Help! I'm supposed to order by this evening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anso Nylon question

Anso is a top of the line nylon and the product you are mentioning is an excellent product. It should do extremely well anywhere you use it.

o

Thank you, Floortech. You have been a great help throughout this buying process! I placed my order last night.

o

the fact that it has such a strong warranty is an indication that it will perform well. I don't know how you could 'duplicate' a factory test? When you steam clean cpts its a way to 'reset' the twist. Since its a frieze appearance retention is better than on a saxony. Anything over 32 oz is considered a up-grade over base grade. I think you'll be fine. Buying cpt by the oz is never a guarantee of quality.

o

How is your carpet holding up after 2 years? We are thinking of purchasing the designer twist carpet - either the gold or the platinum. I was told the platinum is 53.6 oz and the gold is 44 oz. The ounces have probably changed since you bought it.
We are looking at the designer twist with the multi colors in it - called popcorn and pebble. Which color did you go with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! We are making the decision in the next day or two.

This post was edited by alwaysadaylate on Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 8:57

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here