Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
floor options for dripping water

Posted by czecheart (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 13:54

What would you recommend if you were considering both function and decorating appeal?

We have a small swimming pond. We also had a small stand alone room off the pond. We envision using room to change clothes, come in out of the hot sun in summer for a cool drink , or just sit and relax in the winter, etc. Envisioning an IKEA cottagey look for the room itself.

My preference for decorating would be some kind of light colored hardwood-or hardwood look-alike flooring. This option does not seem the wisest when considering the potential sand being tracked in and water dripping though.

The floor is poured concrete which would be a non-concern for the sand and water. So we've been considered staining the concrete. But stained concrete (and tile) does not seem to be too comfortable under tootsies and not good for crawling babies or napping teens.

Indoor /Outdoor carpeting might work , but seems a bit cheap looking to me- No?

Are there any other products out there ?

What would you use ?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: floor options for dripping water

Have you considered some type of unglazed paver or quarry tile? They're not slippery for wet feet, the wide grout lines help with traction. They'd look nicer than concrete. I always love how they feel on my feet when we're travelling in warm climates (which is about the only time this Alaskan walks around barefoot!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here