Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout sealant problem

Posted by angboy (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 12:51

I had very shiny tile floor installed recently and went to seal the grout. Used a product that HD suggested. Problem is that there's sort of a "ghost" image along the grout lines from where the sealant ran over, that I can't get off. I tried everything- got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed at it with a sponge, used a cleaner that Lowes suggested and nothing is taking it up. I took a picture that I'll try to attach to see if you can see what I'm talking about. If you run your fingers over it, you can't actually feel anything but when the light hits it right, you can see it and it's annoying me. I also had gone over it with a wet swiffer as my first cleaning attempt and it actually seems to have spread some of the stuff over the rest of the tiles as well, so that there are the same sort of ghost images of water spots now that don't show up on the same tile in other rooms when I wet swiffer. Does anyone have any idea of how to remove this? Also, any suggestions of what alternate product I can use in the other rooms I still have to do, that won't cause this look?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout sealant problem

I think I see the slight stain you are describing, but I don't understand the large white areas in the image.

Folks over at the John Bridge Tile Forum may be able to help with some advice, if no one comes in here with any.

o
RE: Grout sealant problem

You will feel better if you contact with GroutSolutionsperthwa.com.au they are professional to give you suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here