Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angboy_gw

Grout sealant problem

angboy
11 years ago

I had very shiny tile floor installed recently and went to seal the grout. Used a product that HD suggested. Problem is that there's sort of a "ghost" image along the grout lines from where the sealant ran over, that I can't get off. I tried everything- got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed at it with a sponge, used a cleaner that Lowes suggested and nothing is taking it up. I took a picture that I'll try to attach to see if you can see what I'm talking about. If you run your fingers over it, you can't actually feel anything but when the light hits it right, you can see it and it's annoying me. I also had gone over it with a wet swiffer as my first cleaning attempt and it actually seems to have spread some of the stuff over the rest of the tiles as well, so that there are the same sort of ghost images of water spots now that don't show up on the same tile in other rooms when I wet swiffer. Does anyone have any idea of how to remove this? Also, any suggestions of what alternate product I can use in the other rooms I still have to do, that won't cause this look?

Comments (2)