Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmt77

Johnson Renaissance Collection handscraped

lmt77
14 years ago

Any experience/opinions on these products?

I am trying to decide on flooring for my c. 1888 home. We added on the kitchen and also added a family room. The floor in the existing sections of the home are pine. There is no sub floor (or the pine is the sub floor?). When the basement light is on, you can see it through the spaces between the pine planks. I also get a lot of dust/dirt and musty basement smell on the first floor, so we decided to go over the existing pine with a new floor.

I do want to have the look that the new floors have always been there and I'm drawn to the hand scraped flooring for many reasons. I like the look and feel of the hand scraped floors, and I want a medium finish that doesn't show every spec of dust and nick.

I can't afford the $12+/sq. foot flooring. I saw some beautiful handscraped, I believe BR-111, however it's not in the budget.

I thought that I was going to go with Brazilian Cherry (5 inch planks), but I was worried about durability and maintenance (ie constantly mopping to keep up with the dirt/dust/etc from 2 young children and pets).

Yesterday I found the Johnson Renaissance collection.

I saw the Maple solid in Champagne and really like it and it is in my price range, slightly less than the 5" Brazilian Cherry.

I also saw an Oak solid handscraped (Redroan finish) on the Johnson website. My husband likes the maple but was hoping for something slightly richer/reder.

Sorry for the long winded post.

I would love to hear opinions on the Jonshson prefinished solid products in general and I would be over the moon if anyone can weigh in on the particular products:

Johnson Maple Solid Handscraped AME-S12745

or

Johnson Oak Solid (Redroan) Handscraped AME-S12708

Many Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Comments (6)