Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aalgebali

Tauben Floors - Feedback Please.

aalgebali
14 years ago

Hello all,

We have been looking for a deal on hardwood flooring for a couple of months and came across Tauben Floors. They quoted us the most decent price. Did anyone here buy from them? Do you know of any great deals for Mirage or Lauzon brands? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tauben Floors

Comments (10)

• mferdinand
    14 years ago

Yes, we bought our br111 floor from them in January. Their service was great and overall experience was very nice. They even registered our warranty on br111 website.

• aalgebali
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mferdinand, thank you so much for the feedback.

• darrengx
    13 years ago

Hello aalgebal,
    Which brand did you decide on?
    Did you buy from Tauben Floors or where?
    Thank you...

• aalgebali
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello,
    We debated for a long time between Lauzon maple golden amber & Mirage maple cognac. We finally decided on Lauzon for both the look and price. We did get it from Tauben Floors; they had the best price we could find.

Good luck with your project, mine was very exhausting but I'm proud of the end result. My advice is to be patient and take your time.

I have pictures but I don't know how to post them here, email me (aalgebali@gmail.com) and I will send them to you. Kind regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lauzon maple golden amber

• darrengx
    13 years ago

Thank you so much.
    I just emailed you, I look forward to seeing the pictures.

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

Found this link on the Internet when I was trying to do research on Tauben Floors- any comments? I still need to do flooring upstairs and despite being happy with Truehardwoods.com, I thought this new company sounded great so I did a google search and then I searched Vernon's Website and do not see it here. Hence, please we need more good and negative feedback so we can all make a decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: Found this link on the Internet when I was trying to do research on Tauben Floors- any comments?

• darrengx
    13 years ago

Hello Lynn,
    Thank you for responding.
    We actually saw that too and asked Alex about it; I think he said it was a fake posting from some reputation management company or something! We have our own installer so it doesn't really matter to us as long as we get the best price possible.
    I also checked true hardwoods, but they don't offer Lauzon!

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

darengx, glad you have your own installer then it only amounts to price. I hope you get the best price and your installer does a good job. Be sure to share information about the installer and your dealings with Tauben Floors to help others make a decision which is what this great site is about. My neighbors used the TrueHardwoods.com site which I gave them due to the best price for their flooring and they were happy so I ended up going there but Hurst Hardwoods has the same price and I even considered them.

I almost bought through Vernon flooring but then the installers changed their minds that Alex sent over about the way they were to install and then they did not want to float the BR-111 engineered wood and wanted me to either buy the more expensive click type of flooring or seal the floor and buy the expensive sealer from Alex. I then put off the project for another year after that and this time, I found my own installer and wanted Alex to match the price on the 5" wide BR-111 but he would not and was a lot more in price. I was able to float the floor and my neighbors floated the thinner board which is the way the installers first said they would do it, then they changed to glue down due to my heavy furniture and then changed to needing to seal the floor and move all the furniture out and back. The price went up considerably. I wish they would have just given me the accurate price right away and I would have not wasted time and waited another year.

Why is the Vernon Website no longer online.

Both websites look so similar. I hope this new business gives service and makes sure they only hire good installers since the location is excellent.

• darrengx
    13 years ago

Lynn2006, frankly I don't know.
    I'm guessing this economy has something to do with it. So far I have not seen anything but good service from Tauben Floors and Alex has been a tremendous help. Their price is more reasonable than their closest online competitor, they came highly recommended from Lauzon and I get the $.50 cash back promotion that Lauzon is offering now.
    So let's just wait and see.
    I will update my posting with pictures and feedback once we're done.

Thank you again for the sincere advice, people seem to be extremely nice and helpful here :)

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

darrengx, maybe Alex learned a lot from Vernon Floors and he is doing things differently. I am glad he has been working with Lauzon and they will give you the $.50 cash back promotion.

Looking forward to pictures and feedback once your project is done. I was going to go with a stained maple floor but then I thought it the floor got scratched, I would see white marks. BUT, despite liking my Brazilian Cherry, when the floor gets scratched deep, I see white marks. I would have been happy with the Maple also I see now. I really always loved Maple floors and furniture.