Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reuse Trafficmaster Allure planks?

Posted by bunkster2 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 11:00

Hoping I don't appear completely crazy, but has anyone pulled up an allure vinyl plank floor and reused sections of it? I want to change out the color in a kitchen (am going with another allure pattern) and have a very small guest bath with lousy sheet vinyl. I had a few extra unused planks from the kitchen and since it's floating, wondered if I could get 'sections' up for reuse. It's both recycle and a budget idea, but thought I'd check to see if anybody had tried this. Any thoughts appreciated,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reuse Trafficmaster Allure planks?

I think it will be hard to get them apart with damaging them, but you could give it a shot. You will probably need some sort of glue to re-adhere them together.

o

I have pulled up planks to do a toilet repar. It can be done and still reuse the planks. The problem is that it is very hard to pull planks apart-since the adhesion is excellent, even after being soaked in water for 5 days. It is very easy to tear a plank instead of the adhesion strips pulling apart. I was not the one who replaced the planks after the repair, so it might have been the technique that was used wasn't too meticulous, but there are now little gaps at the seams where they were replaced.

o

Try a heat gun at the seams...Then more glue...

o

Thanks for the suggestions.....I figure it can't hurt to try this out. Any suggestions for the best glue, or will any vinyl adhesive be fine? Again, thanks for your responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here