Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
travertine

Posted by dgoods123 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 8:51

Hi

We are picking out the tile for our master bath. It's not a large area so we're not too concerned about cost.

We've chosen travertine. May I please have opinions of travertine vs porcelain.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: travertine

We're going through the same dilemma, but for kitchen area. It seems to boil down to: Porcelain is more durable, easier to clean and maintain. Trevertine looks better, does'nt cost much more (often less), but requires more care to maintain. We're leaning towards the travertine. Hard to beat the look and feel of natural stone. Would be interested in anyone's thoughts on sealing travertine. Some say yes, some no.

o
RE: travertine

Well, I cancelled my travertine order and went to a porcelain tile that looks a little like travertine. What I gave up in having the stone, I made up for by being able to use a lot of glass accent tile. I did use travertine n the trim work and for the shower stall floor. I just couldn't get past the concern that the travertine would be too much maintenance.

I've posted a link to show the tile design. It's the 24th - 26th thumbnails.

Good luck with your remodel

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom gallery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here