Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use Trillium Hardwood

Posted by alto (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 6:00

We are trying to decide on hardwood, leaning towards brazilian cherry or brazilian teak, both due to the high hardness rating. Yesterday we saw a flooring that was bamboo, which I never cared for because of the look of the wood, Trillium. They are available in engineered and hardwood. They are woodgrain enhanced bamboo flooring with a 35 year residential warranty.

We are looking at the Patagonia Walnut hardwood.

Has anyone used this Trillium?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use Trillium Hardwood

We recently installed Trillium 4-3/4" x 5/8" Uniclic flooring in our condo. The installation was easier than previous flooring, but during the final clean up, we noticed that the flooring was not what we expected. We also went with the product based on the "advertised" hardness and were surprised to see dents and scratches in the finished product. Since then, we noticed that the product is easily damaged. For instance, my wife accidently dropped a frozen 8 oz. steak from our freezer and it dented the floor. Not happy, we are currently trying to have someone look into the warranty, would not recommend unless you are installing into an old age home with no pets or kids!!!!

o
RE: Anyone use Trillium Hardwood

Ken, thanks for the feedback. At the $7-8 a sq ft, I'll not be using the Trillium. Too bad because it did look nice on the sample board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here