Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
old96er

Need help identifying floor

old96er
11 years ago

I saw this floor (linoleum?) in a house that was built last year and unfortunately, no one knew what it was called or where to buy it. Does anyone know the name of it or the manufacturer? Thanks for the help!

It is really awesome stuff, it is sort of brown with a silver pattern on top of it that becomes more visible at some angles.

Comments (12)

• old96er
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is another picture, words can not explain how much I want this stuff! :)

• old96er
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess this one is a challenge, no takers?

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    10 years ago

You might try asking at the link below. It is a fast moving forum and they can usually find sources.

Good luck. It is pretty.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating & Design

• bridget helm
    10 years ago

Marble or glass fleur de lis with ceramic metallic surround. No. That surround is too intricate. Hand painted??

• old96er
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Found it, it is Armstrong Delhi from the Rejuvenations StoneRun collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: See it here

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

Does that stuff wear well ya think? I am probably going some sort of laminate in the kids bath and laundry area and this stuff looks gorgeous. Any pricing ideas?

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

Laminate isn't suitable for a bath. LVT would be a MUCH better choice. But waterproof the subfloor (Redguard) when you use something other than sheet vinyl material or a "snap" system tile. It's not waterproof at the seams.

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

Thanks. It is on our budget control list, items that can be priced back if necessary. We have tile in the budget now but if unexpected things come up and we need to re-shift I thought that could be a money saver. I will rethink that strategy though as I have 3 small boys and water will often splash on the floor I would imagine. :)

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Oh ... that's pretty!

• old96er
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is LVT. Cheaper than tile, it is commercial and has much better wear properties than you may imagine, it is even chemical resistant. The places I saw it installed were laundry rooms, and I plan to use it in a bathroom and mudroom.

Rejuvenations features Design CONTINUUM⢠a system of coordinating patterns designed to mix and match with
    NATURAL CREATIONSî LVT (luxury vinyl tile). With its UV-cured urethane coating, the floorâÂÂs appearance is protected
    and it allows for low maintenance cleaning methods. Heat weld and flash cove options are available for spaces
    demanding superior infection control.

• Sheila Medford
    10 years ago

Oh wow I love that floor-did you ever install it? If so can you post pics?

• old96er
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It has not been installed yet, we are waiting on the city for permits to start construction.

The pictures I posted were taken by me with a cell phone in someone else's house. Quite frankly, I don't think they do it justice. I had one builder (we did not use them) that said that they do not do vinyl flooring and that it would not save much money. I told him that it was not about the money and that I wanted this someplace in my house. :)

Our plan is to use it in the pantry, powder, and a broom closet. I have a sample of it and the top layer is about 1.5mm thick (very thick) and clear so that you won't wear into the pattern. It appears indestructible.

I will post some pics when we finally get our house built. Thanks for your question.