Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gped_gw

Opinions of BR111

gped
15 years ago

I'm considering using BR111 hardwood flooring in my condo.

Haven't heard of this company.

Anyone have any opinions to share?

Comments (9)

• gigabit
    15 years ago

BR-111 is a very reputable hardwood flooring manufacturer from Brazil.

• Christine Clemens
    15 years ago

We have had BR-111 3/4" Brazilian Teak for about 3 years and we are very happy with it. It is a beautiful floor and we get a lot of compliments on it. We installed it in a family room that gets a fair amount of use, including food spills, and it still looks great. I try to remember that it is extremely hard and don't baby it too much. I did scratch it though with a staple on the bottom of a chair. My only problem it that I now need to install it in the rest of the main floor and at $8.50 or more right now, 1000+ sq. ft. is a small fortune. :(

• luvmyguys
    15 years ago

Which BR-111 floor are you considering? I've been looking at the Triangulo Engineered Amendoim.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Luvmyguys, look at the 5/16th BR-11 Amendoim Vs. Tauari and you will see they are not the same species and Amendoim BR-111 says is 1920 Janka Rating while Tauari BR-111's old website said was 1460 Janka Rating. BR-111's Amendoim seems to have that red tint with more color variation and some knots and is pretty while Tauari is also pretty and a very modern look that is a tannish color with not so much color variation.

I am mentioning this from the question you had on the other post.

I am still confused what is really Brazilian Oak Vs. Tauari Vs. Amendoim species of hardwood flooring.

Also the thinner the veneer is (5/16th is too thin for me... I like the Triangulo's 3 MM real sawn wood veneer), the less the species's hardness comes into play and it is more the finish that is important I think from what I have been seeing and reading.

I love both Brazilian Cherry and the Amendoim Triangulo's hardwood flooring from BR-111 since I love their Sawn cut and their finish is very nice with a touch of shine but not too shiny.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Sorry, I meant BR-111 ... I didn't get much sleep last night since I was up past midnight with a client and then it took me so long to wind down. I am going to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight but just unwinding by reading posts to get my mind off of my work.

I love the BR-111 brand and feel they have a nice product and I like how the pieces fit so nicely together in their Triangulo Engineered Wood Flooring.

• Laurie
    15 years ago

I have heard good things about BR111. Lynn mentions a good point about BR111 being sawn cut, which is supposed to be better than peeled or rotary cut. We considered their Amendoim (engineered), but it may be a little too dark for us. A flooring salesperson at a local store told me that Amendoim is also known as Brazilian Oak. I don't know if that's exactly correct or just a broad statement.
    The darker sample pictured below is the BR111 Amendoim. The other samples are Lauzon's red oak natural and hickory natural. In my opinion, the BR111 sample had more of a glossy shine/finish compared to more of a matte shine with the Lauzon.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Thank you Laurie for letting us know that the Lauzon has more of a matt finish than the BR-111 samples you looked at. I just know at the store BR-111 was less glossy than the Bruce semi-gloss floors and the Mirage Semi-gloss floors but more glossy than the floors that had a matt finish..

I love the red oak Lauzon sample which also is a sawn cut and that is why it is so beautiful.

• milar
    9 years ago

Please do take a look at BR-111 reviews on the BBB website as well as just do a general BR-111 search online for reviews. This company does not stand by their product. We bought defective hardwood from this company, were promised a refund, and were never issued the refund. The company will offer every excuse under the sun to get you to buy their product but once you have even the slightest problem with the sale, they will not help you. Please buyers beware.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

BR-111 became BR-111 Direct and no longer buys from their suppliers that made a good name for them. See the post below that I have copied and pasted the law suit and discussed my bad experiences also. BR-111 is no longer in existence. The new company they formed just has a similar name and sells direct to the public.

Here is a link that might be useful: BR-111 used to be a good company- BEWARE