Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flooring options for Radiant heated living room

Posted by gilar (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 21:11

Hello, we have radiant heating throughout our first floor.The house sits on a slab. Because of damage during Superstorm sandy, we have removed all carpeting from living room and dining room. Now we need to choose flooring for both rooms. My husband and I loves the look of hardwood floors, but we are not sure if real wood would be the right choice. We have seen some wood look like ceramic tiles, but I am not in love with them! I have seen some recommendation of engineered wood,but I am scared of it getting scratched and not able to repair it. Can anyone recommend any kind of wood flooring that can go on top of radiant heat?, or do we have to go back to carpeting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flooring options for Radiant heated living room

We have 3", 4" & 5" random width White Oak solid hardwood over our radiant floor heat. We're not on a slab though, so I'm not sure about that part of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here