Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet that stays looking new?

Posted by saune (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 20:57

Choosing carpet for our new build. Looking for one that does not show wear - you know, the smooshed look? Especially on stairs, as we will be carpeting two sets. Your insight is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet that stays looking new?

I feel any version of smart strand from Mohawk is absolutely the most resilient carpet made today. I am convinced it will out perform a nylon.

o

Thanks, that's the route I was headed!

o

I love our berber carpet. We have had it for 10 years (sage green) and it still looks great.... of course with the new renovation in kitchen we will have to replace the carpet in living room as well. But we have horses and 3 dogs, and it shows nothing!

o

Another vote for Smartstrand!

o

Another vote for berber. I'm not a big fan of carpeting at all, but I used to live in an apartment which was carpeted in berber. It looked great, as far as carpeting goes. Warm and home-like, rather than commercial, but with durability closer to commercial. If something stays looking nice in a rental, with a variety of sometimes less-than-careful residents, I'd say it's a good choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here