Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmura_gw

My son put a 5 foot long scratch on my Brazilian cherry!!!

kmura
15 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but my search in the threads did not turn up a similar topic.

We remodeled our entire house and installed beautiful Brazilian cherry hardwood floors using 4" planks. The floor is the first thing people notice and compliment us on upon coming into our home.

Today, I returned from running errands to find that my son had dragged something heavy from the carpeted hallway across the floor, causing a curving, five-foot long deep scratch! I am heartsick. The scratch looks whitish against the cherry wood and every time I look at it, I get really upset. It is very noticeable. (And when I found out that my son was being lazy and had dragged a loaded down laundry basket across the floor instead of carrying it out to the living room, where I fold the laundry, somehow, that laziness makes the scratch hurt even more.)

How can I fill in/disguise the scratch? I once heard somewhere that rubbing the scratch with a clean towel soaked in tea will stain the scratch so it's not as noticeable. Do those wood crayons work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (6)