Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap flooring for closets to pass inspection

Posted by Oleander15 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 19:58

As part of our inspection before we can close on our house (it is a short sale in need of a lot of repairs but none major) we need to put down flooring of some kind in 2 rooms. Both are upstairs and will only be used by us, not rooms others will see when visiting. One is a 42 sq ft closet and the other is an 89 sq ft unfinished bathroom (plumbed but just an empty room that nothing was done with after construction.)

We want something cheap, and something I can install by myself or maybe with a little help. Both rooms will be used for storage and we will likely not finish this bathroom any time soon as there are only 2 of us and we already have 2 full baths... so it is not needed.

I was thinking the cheap carpet that you can get cut off a roll at Lowes for under $1/sq ft or maybe some type of vinyl/laminate (?) flooring that they also have on rolls in the same area of Lowes. This is (obviously) not something I know much about! We are replacing the carpet in the rest of the house, but we won't be doing that till after closing and did not plan on carpeting these closets anyways.

So any ideas would be helpful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap flooring for closets to pass inspection

How about peel and stick vinyl tiles that you can just buy off the shelf at a hardware store. They are so easy to install.

o
RE: Cheap flooring for closets to pass inspection

Thanks! That is what we decided to do. We did both rooms for just over $60 and it only took a few hours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here