Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Way To Clean Wood Floors

Posted by SSShayne (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 17:05

Im getting new wood flooring put in and its been years.....I really need something to sweep dust off on a daily basis due to living in the desert and having multiple pets.

Whats the best item you have found - mop, cleaner, etc that is hopefully low in chemicals, easy to use and good for the floors.

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Way To Clean Wood Floors

Just for dust-bunny collection and dust removal.

A dust mop. Microfiber, swiffer-style or just plain acrylic ... doesn't matter. The trick is to use it every couple of days.

o

Swiffer-Vac! That thing is AMAZING!!! If you've just got dust & hair, the regular Swiffer works great. Anything larger than dust and I recommend going with the Swiffer-Vac as it will pick up even more with the vac part and dust mop all at the same time.

o

I use BOMA floor cleaner. I never use water or vinegar. Vinegar is an acid which can damage poly. Water if used in excess can blacken joints between boards.

Our floors were done almost 7 years ago and look great.

o

Hardwood�floors�are one of the easiest flooring types to keep�clean. The quickest and most effective way to�clean�hardwood�floors�is with a damp mop. Before mopping, make sure that you have removed all surface dust from the floor. This can be done with a soft broom or lightweight vacuum cleaner. Then, simply mop, rinse and repeat. It is important to remove grit and dirt from hardwood�floors. Dirt and grit are the biggest enemies when it comes to scratching or scouring the floor finish.

o

Bona microfiber mop with distilled water, or get the robotic version:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mint Cleaner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here