Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adline_gw

earthwerks vinyl tile

Adline
11 years ago

I need help making a decision between earthwerks vinyl tile ( wood look) and enginnered flooring. It is for my kitchen- dining area. We "Live" in these rooms, have a dog, and have sand outside which is always tracked inside. I like engineered wood, but it is disheartening to read negative reveiws about scratching, etc. Does anyone have this tile? If so, does it look good and is it as durable as suggested? Thanks for any help.

Comments (7)

• Robert129
    11 years ago

Earthwerks vinyl plank is a great solution for your situation. It resists pet accidents including knocking over the water bowl. The looks are designed from real wood floors and are hard to tell apart from the real thing. Products range from residential to heavy commercial use. Maintenance is easy, just sweep and damp mop. Use entry mats to stop as much sand as possible from entering your home.

• niteshadepromises
    11 years ago

After seeing this thread I've spent the night looking into Earthwerks LVT product line. All in all I'm not seeing nearly as much feedback or info about this product versus big names like Karndean and Amtico. My question is why?

Their LVT Legacy wood look plank tile boasts an impressive lifetime residential warranty. Impressive considering its nearly 2 dollars less a square foot than a product like amtico which was my frontrunner on LVT choice. I've ordered samples to see which wins visually. If I'm understanding right the Legacy line is a glue down tile just like amtico, as opposed to click together.

I'm just wondering why there isn't more online about the brand in general. Are they too new to the LVT scene to really get a feel of how the flooring will perform? If I like the samples I'm tempted at the price to give it some serious consideration.

• jmarie310
    11 years ago

We took a very long time to decide on flooring for our kitchen. Having been through two vinyl sheet products, vinyl was the last on our list for consideration. Laminates, like pergo, seemed popular, but it was clear to us that they would no work in our kitchen and our high humidity environment. We considered hard wood flooring, but the scratch and wear issues were a concern. Then we started to consider vinyl tile. The stuff in the big box stores did not have the quality and the look we were seeking. We wanted the illusion of wood. After some investigation, we were interested in Karndean. Walmart installed their product in some of the local stores and it looked good. So, we were all set to look at their products and when to a local specialty flooring store that carried samples and then they showed up Earthworks products. We took home 4 samples and really liked it. So, it seems that earthworks is not heavily marketed. They probably sell more for commercial use than residential. As far as I can tell Karndean has a urethane wear layer that is not textured. Earthworks was nicely textured that matched the wood image below it.

• Marianne McIntosh
    7 years ago

nightshadepromises and jmarie310: Which LVT did you end up going with? Are you happy with your choice? I'm in the process of choosing flooring and would love any feedback. Thank you.

• Marsha Brady
    3 years ago

Fell apart all over the place, customer service sucks, earthworks rapidclik, no wonder product is discontinued

• Angela Lipinski
    3 years ago

We just installed the latest from Earthwerks. The RiverShore. The color we chose was Wabash. We put in our family room. It looks great. I think this is a new option from vinyl floors, they say this is waterproof. Even better.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022