Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ardcp

what flooring for kitchen?

ardcp
10 years ago

we are a month away from our old cabinets being replaced with new ones. we currently have wilsonart laminate red oak lookalike that is 15 years old and is in decent shape. it will be replaced eventually but i have yet to figure out what i want to replace it with.
here's my dilemma: we put in a pool and to access the bathroom, we have to walk through the kitchen. the wilsonart was very slippery and we had a trail of pool towels going from the sliding door to the bathroom any time the pool was in use. you can imagine why i would like to find an alternative to that:) i have gone back and forth on what would be the least slippery and durable flooring for a while. i am stumped! tile has been suggested but i am skeptical that any tile will work with pool water feet plus we drop plates, glasses, etc on a pretty regular basis and i know it will shatter on tile. just to make it harder, we have 3 dogs running around as well! i cringe at the installation of tile too because the kitchen installer said it should be done before the new cabs go in but will put me without a kitchen for a week. our current floor also runs down the hall to the laundry room so half of the downstairs would be inaccessible. it sounds like a nightmare:(
any advice?

Comments (4)