Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best polyurethane for hardwood floor?

Posted by andreadeg (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 15:03

Unfortunately I used goof off on my hardwood floors to remove some paint. Clearly, I didn't think through the implications of using goof off on my floors because it removed the finish in some areas.

So, I need to rectify the issue. I planned to screen the floor and then update it with several coast of polyurethane.

I'm looking for recommendations on polyurethane (or equivalent) to use on my hardwood floor. I've read that some people use marine varnish on their floors but I haven't found a marine varnish that is suitable for screening.
The product needs to be easy enough to use for a DIY er. The room is small, 5 feet by 5 feet, and is a bathroom. Since the bathroom is going to used by my not altogether tidy son I would like to be sure that the hardwood floor has a really good seal on it.

I happen to go by Ace last night and picked up Deft polyurethane, but I don't really know if this is a good brand or not.

Appreciate any recommendations you can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best polyurethane for hardwood floor?

Bona Traffic.

o
RE: Best polyurethane for hardwood floor?

Thanks Doug!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here