Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to perk up a pea gravel & epoxy porch floor

Posted by jerzeegirl (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 14:46

I have a epoxied pea gravel floor on my porch and it's looking a little discolored and dirty. What can I do to it to perk it up a little bit? I am not sure if it can be painted or needs to be steam cleaned or what!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to perk up a pea gravel & epoxy porch floor

Ask the installer, or look at the manufacturer's website for cleaning instrucitons.

It all depends on exactly WHAT epoxy was used.

o

That's a problem - I don't think anyone knows since the floor is about 25 years old.

o

You can always get some oxalic acid (deck cleaner) and a soft bristled brush and clean it. It might be possible to reseal it with an epoxy topcoat designed for exterior use after you clean it, but you do take a risk that it wouldn't bond with whatever epoxy was previously used. You might be able to mitigate the bonding issue by etching the exposed aggregate with an muriatic acid solution, but that's something only an experienced DIYer or a pro should do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here