Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Give me name of the best Nat.Stone Impregnator/Sealer

Posted by Nicole0007 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 14:40

Hi, I'd appreciate your help in telling me the best impregantor + Sealer combined product for sealing travertine. It's not a lot of square footage so we're going do this part ourselves (200 sq.ft.).... (after the installation).

I want to buy the best there is and not have to do it as often if there is a product out there that lasts longer than others.

One flooring guy (we didn't pick his stone) alluded to a product that lasted 15 years but needed some one certified on the product or they wouldn't sell it. I never got the name of the product.

Can you point me in the right direction? They'll start in a week-10 days, so I've got some time to track it down. Any tips, hints or caveats???
Thx, Nicole

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Give me name of the best Nat.Stone Impregnator/Sealer

Nicole,
I'm no expert, but since no one has replied, I'll tell you what worked for me.

I looked up tile distributors (the distributors who supply the tradesman, not the retail stores) in my area, then visited two of them. I asked to speak to the guy who knew the most about these things, then explained that "if money was no object, which would you go with and why".

I received very similar information from both people, and went with a product that most closely delivered on the important points.

I also have travertine floors, btw. They're pretty good providing you don't have a dog that likes to chase balls around, in which case they'll show scratches :-).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here