Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ranchoguy

Spacing between replaced wood floor planks

ranchoguy
11 years ago

I had a leak in the kitchen which meanst the whole kitchen had to be ripped apart, dried and rebuilt. In the process, the remediation tech made a long dent (covering 6 planks) on my wood floors. Needless to say I was very irritated! I found the manufacturer and ordered a box of the exact same floor pieces. The contractor who is working on the kitchen (and will fix the floor), is telling me that the spacing between the replacement pieces may not be as tight as the existing pieces even when it is glued in. I certainly do not want this as I am a perfectionist who wants this done very well. . The pieces are the tongue in groove kind, and these are 6 continous pieces, so they all need to be removed. My question is whether the bigger spacing thing is normal or if I should get someone else to do the floor. The pieces are very close to the wall, so we can remove all the pieces all the way to the wall if necessary, but I would like to avoid this if possible. Can we remove these pieces in isolation (withoput going to wall), and replace them such that the spacing will be the same as before? There is another piece by itself (not close to the wall), which I would like to fix as well, and the answer to the first question will tell me how to fix the second "lonely" piece. All answers would be deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Comment (1)