Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lry511

Recommendations for a floor in three season room

Lori Ryan
10 years ago

We have a three season room which is in disrepair and we want to upgrade it by installing sliding windows instead of removable screens and windows. The floor is currently painted plywood.

The company we are thinking of going with to install the sliding windows will rip up the plywood and make the foundation up to code and install a waterproof subfloor. We are responsible for the actual flooring. The representative of this company suggested waterproof pergo. I think he is nuts. Even though sliders will be easy to close when it rains I know we won't get to it in time or we may be out.

I have four kids and a dog and a rabbit. The rabbit currently resides in this room because we have bears and cannot leave him outside. Rabbits are bear snacks in Connecticut. Also with the kids this room is used like a mud room. Everything gets dragged through there. Also there are extreme temperature changes in New England. Summer can be very hot and humid and winters are snowy and very cold.

I would appreciate any suggestions of a hardworking exterior floor wich would take a beating and oh yeah. Reasonably priced.