Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze

Posted by momtotwins (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 10:52

I am looking for a frieze that is high quality but not too shaggy. Any suggestions? Does anyone have Southernmost Point in their homes?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze

We to are looking at the Smartstrand Frieze. We live in California and have been looking at the LA Carpet store. We have a sample of Smartstrand Kinetic Contrast (I think this is the style name they give the Frieze) the color number is 168 Natural Grain. I am confused, is Southernmost Point the color name or manufacturer? From what I am reading on the internet Home Depot, Lowes, carpet stores all carry Smartstrand and they all assign their own names so I think you are going to have to be alot more specific. I will be interested in responses that you might get. Good Luck!

o

Southernmost point is a style found on the Mohawk website. It is not a Lowes or Home Depot brand.

o

Like the mattress manufacturers, the carpet manufacturers give their carpets different names in every showroom so you can't price match. Southernmost Point may be the name on the Mohawk site and in a number of stores across the nation, but it might be known as something completely different in the store down the street and something different again at the Lowe's or HD. They are all the same carpet from the same manufacturer with the same exact warranty, just a different style name. The best thing to do is to get the specs on the carpet--what kind of pile is it and what is the weight. Once you are armed with that information, you can price shop for yourself, but you may not be able to get anyone to price match. Lowe's & HD have been given super low pricing by Mohawk that the regular dealers have not been able to get, so Lowe's & HD are able to give pretty much the lowest price out there for the same product.

Hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here