Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homesteaderbill

Selecting Engineered Flooring - Oh, the frustration!

Homesteaderbill
13 years ago

Greetings to all - new to the forum.

My familiar situation is this: Building a new house; want to keep everything mid-range; want engineered hardwood flooring in LR, DR, and perhaps Kitchen and DW's room (all connected, sorta one big open area. Probably need from 800 to 1400 Sq Ft., depending on how many areas we end up covering. Kitchen cabs are a Knotty Birch (similiar to knotty Alder). Really like natural Pecan and Hickory flooring. Flooring needs to be on the lighter color side but still with some contrast.

We found a Thomasville Natural Pecan at HomeDepot we really like. However, I can't find any information about it (can't even confirm that Thomasville makes an engineered flooring), HD is no help (they can't provide any info nor a web site or telephone number, and, as strange as it seems, they can't, or won't, even tell me where they get it. Makes me wonder how they are going to order it if I wanted to order it.) Also, the few forum comments I find are not positive. I would like something with a little thicker veneer also - this stuff appears to thicker than laminate flooring but still a bit thin.

HD does have some other product that may work for us. I was looking at a Bruce Hickory Autumn wheat, 3/8" X 5" planks last night on-line that I think I like. DW hasn't looked at it yet.

Okay, finally down to my inquiry: I need suggestions to help me locate a reputable, low-mid cost source for some good engineered flooring in NorthEast Washington State. I'm not close to anywhere (HD is 65 miles away and anything else is about 130 miles) An on-line purchase may be okay as long as I can confirm what I'm getting.

I know many of you have been down this same path and have successfully emerged into the sunshine at the far end. Right now, it looks pretty daunting to me. Your help and suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (4)