Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luxury Vinyl Plank

Posted by dandkmom (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 10:17

I'm looking for luxury vinyl plank with click technology to install in my basement - a DIY project. I narrowed it down to Metroflor Konecto Engage and Earthwerks Linkwerks Rapid Clic. I also looked at the Ifoor product, but my husband wants to stay with a name product. After deciding to go with the Konecto product because it was 20% cheaper, I now have a dilemma. While each Internet store says the product has a 20 year warranty, the Enage website says the warranty is only 1 year if purchased on the Internet. I'm now reconsidering the Ifloor product.

Any thoughts on these three products?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luxury Vinyl Plank

Well here is the deal...Take the internet quote into a retailer. They can not change the warranty in my opinion based on law..but what does happen is that you will have absolutely no representation should you have an issue. No rep from your area will come out and many manufacturers will not back anything until a rep has reviewed the problem. Your local store can get extremely close in price and then you are safe. Give them a chance and why is everyone afraid to take that quote to a local store. We do not let internet stores beat us..but we are passionate about what we pay for our products and we negotiate like hell when some internet outfit works off of 20 cent profit because they never have to deal with you again. But a retailer who negotiates well with the distributors can compete. I just looked up internet prices on engage and your retailer can match the number if you get to the right one....or at least get really close and then you'll have all the warranty and protection against flooring being damaged also. Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here