Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baltimore,MD- wood flooring recommendations

Posted by ravmd (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 10:06

We are looking for ~800 sq ft of wood floor. Love handscraped or reclaimed wood looks but not in our price range. This is for a 2nd home. Found some white oak planks for <$4 sq/ft. But want to shop around a little more. Are there any lumber, wholesale or other type of places in the area that have better deals than the typical showroom type stores?
From googling.. Baltimore Floor works in Westminster comes up. And Lumber Liquidators in Harford Cty.
Any advice?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baltimore,MD- wood flooring recommendations

I'm also looking for a source of hardwood in the Harford County/Baltimore area, and those are the only two sources I have found specifically for hardwood (there are some flooring stores that sell all types of flooring, but are not likely to have the wood on-site). I'm planning to go to Baltimore Floor Works in the near future.

o

someone else said to check out Reisterstown Lumber so will give that a shot.
I was at Baltimore Floor Supply and Baltimore Wood Floor Warehouse on Greenspring drive in Timonium (is that the same as Balto Floor works?).

They are 'sister' compnanies-one carries unfinished wood and the other carries finished. 100's of samples to pick from and I think the prices are good, however it is overwhelming and there are not any prices on anything so it is a bit of a pain if you don't know exactly what you are looking for and you have to keep asking "how much". I think I just need to identify some cheaper finished wood brands and then go back and ask them their price as I do think they are price competitive.

I also orderd some samples from Hoskings Hardwood online that seems to get good reviews and also simple floors -which gets mixed reviews (as does Lumber Liquidators).

let me know if you have any luck in your search.

o

I also ordered samples from Hoskings Hardwood, but haven't received them yet (it's been about 3 weeks since I ordered them). I also ordered samples from the Anderson website, and have received them. I plan to visit the Baltimore Floor Works this coming weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here