Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Subfloor and Bamboo Flooring

Posted by Tonton101 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 0:37

I just bought a house that has crawlspace fundation. I am going to install floating stranded bamboo floor and I have purchased 3-in-1 underlayment for the bamboo floor. When I ripped out the old carpet I noticed the previous owner had compressed board between the carpet underlayment and the wooden subfloor, needless to say I ripped the compressed boards out since some were stained pretty bad.

Now I am hearing mixed advices about if I can just lay the underlayment on top of the bare wooden pine floor (3/4"), and put the bamboo flooring over the underlay.

My handyman friend say to put felt paper, and other person say to put plywood. I also read about putting OSB (since it is cheaper) but so far I am lost about if I should install boards over the subfloor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Subfloor and Bamboo Flooring

It is a sub urban style but really cool one as it's environment friendly and native style.

o
RE: Subfloor and Bamboo Flooring

Prior to installation of any flooring, you should ensure that the job site and subfloor meet the necessary requirements. The step in�bamboo wood floor installation�is making sure the subfloor is: 1.) Structurally sound 2.)Clean: Swept and free of debris, wax, grease, paint, sealers, and old adhesives etc�3.)Dry: Subfloor must remain dry year-round, and�4.) Level

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here