Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceramic/porcelain tile that looks like cork?

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 22:07

Do you know of any?

I have tried searching but any search involving words "cork" and "tile" pretty much ignores all other words and all I get is the results for cork tiles. :-(

I am going to use cork in the kitchen but I wanted to use ceramic or porcelain tile in the laundry room (for obvious reasons). It is is clearly visible from the kitchen and I wanted them to look similar because I already have too many different floors in the house.

Could you give me some pointers where I might find such tiles?

TX!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceramic/porcelain tile that looks like cork?

I've never seen any tile that is similar in appearance to cork. I wouldn't hesitate, however, to use cork in a laundry room, unless you expect it to flood frequently?

o

DH said "absolutely, not" to cork in "wet" areas. I was barely able to get him to agree to cork floors in the kitchen, so I am not going to fight with him about the laundry, just not worth it. LOL

It does not have to look exactly like cork, just not stand out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

o

OK, this one turned out to be very easy. I wish all of my remodel problems were that easy, LOL

I went to a local flooring store yesterday and I was amazed how much things had changed since the last time I shopped for flooring. There is almost every imaginable variation of wood-like ceramic tile and cork floors are also now made in a wood-like pattern. All I needed to do was pick the tile and match the cork color. I actually changed my mind and decided to do the kitchen in porcelain tile and only do cork in the LR/FR. DH is extremely happy, LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here