Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fixing mark on polyurethane (wood floor)

Posted by sashasmommy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 21:18

I stepped on our brand new wood floor today before the polyurethane had dried...(yes, I know I'm a complete moron and have already cried about it.) What's done is done... I just need to know now, can I fix it and how?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fixing mark on polyurethane (wood floor)

First, you should contact the person you hired to do the work, if you hired someone.

A professional will know how to fix the problem. In a nutshell...the affected area is gently sanded smooth with an assortment of fine sanding media. Then, the same finish that was originally applied is carefully reapplied to the affected area. Sometimes we will follow board lines to hide the 'repair'...sometimes we 'feather' the finish to help it blend.

o

As mentioned above, that is exactly how our hardwood floor guy took care of some touch-ups. Don't cry! It can be fixed :-)

o

Thanks for the replies... I did call them and they are going to fix it for free! These guys are the greatest!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here