Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tigerninety

Flor vs. Milliken Legato vs. ??? for basement

tigerninety
11 years ago

Hello,

Seems this question hasn't been posted in a while, and maybe not quite this directly ever. If I've missed a previous post on this, please feel free to redirect me.

We've finished our basement, with a major component being a rec room/home theater. The front two thirds are really focused on the theater, but we want to have a gaming table (e.g. air hockey/pool/ping pong) in the back third.

We really want carpet in this section (for acoustics if nothing else) but have lost wall-to-wall to 'floods of the century' (and a failed sump pump) twice before.

So, we're looking at Flor and Legato carpet tiles. We've got a battery backup for the sump pump, but we're thinking that if the basement floods ever again, we can take up the tiles that get wet, clean them, dry them off, and put them back. Or, swap them out.

Flor is more expensive, but seems to be well regarded. The Legato tiles are less expensive (and have less choice in colors and patterns) and are better padded.

This area won't get tons of traffic, but we might want to move the game table from time to time (to make room for pool).

I'd really appreciate any opinions/experiences on choosing between these two (or any other comparable) carpet tile options.

Thanks!

Tiger

Comment (1)