Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there such a thing as bulletproof limestone?

Posted by NaRo (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 19:34

One of the local tile stores my kitchen designer works with is selling off some odd lots cheap. My kitchen designer is thrilled about a dense Egyptian limestone for my kitchen-- we can get it and hone it for $3/square foot.

I have read on the forums that limestone will etch and /or stain. The tile folks say this particular rock is a very dense stone that they have sold to a couple of big malls that are having no problems with it. They say if we seal it properly, no problem-- if it can handle mall traffic, we shouldn't be able to mess with it. It is, they say, "bulletproof."

I don't know what to think. Your guidance appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there such a thing as bulletproof limestone?

I have limestone in a bathroom and it is looking good after 3 years. I don't know where my limestone is from, or how dense it is, so can't say how it would compare to the one you are considering. Good luck on your decision, not sure I have been of much help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here