Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katryna_gw

Problems w/ flooring installation company

Katryna
12 years ago

Looking for some advice here. In December 2010 a salesman came to my home for flooring options b/c I wanted to replace carpeting in 2 bedrooms. I have 3 dogs and explained to the salesman that I did no want the carpeting b/c of problems w/ dog pee accidents. He recommended laminate flooring. It was installed in the bedrooms; I really liked it, so had the rest of the house done. The total was approx $5600. A few months later, I noticed various areas of the floor that had expansion/warping. I called the flooring company and was told it was because of the dog pee; that they would replace the flooring at cost to me. I said this is not acceptable b/c I specifically told he salesman I wanted to get rid of the carpeting for this same reason. Some Wall postings on their FaceBook page and many phone calls later; I'm being offered vinyl tile being installed at no cost to me. My problem is, the salesman never should have recommended laminate in the first place. I know the vinyl tile is much cheaper, and they're probably making this offer as a compromise, however they are still saying they won't give me a refund b/c they don't feel they are in the wrong or that the salesman did anything wrong by recommending laminate floors. I told the regional manager I would have to think about this offer. I'm very angry about this. When I call back, I'm going to ask him why he is offering vinyl laminate as a resolution -if he responds that this is the best for my situation (the dogs), then why didn't the salesman recommend that in the first place?? I would have saved money and wouldn't be in this situation now. The regional manager keeps telling me they cannot guarantee any flooring 100% against dog pee; of course not, but that's not the point. The laminate was specifically recommended after I explained dog pee damage is why I wanted the carpeting replaced. Any suggestions on what I should do and how I should respond to this offer? Thank you.

Comments (2)