Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with mohawk smartstrand!

Posted by kars1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 18:37

Calling all carpet experts! I would like to put carpet in our newly finished basement playroom. We have about 800 sqft. Is it possible to get a low end smartstrand carpet installed for around $3/sqft(carpet,pad& inst.)? An independent dealer has a Mohawk carpet called "Longview" 1G20 with "100% Mohawk smartstrand and they are charging $3.29 inst. Just wondering if it is the real thing. It wasn't from the Color Center wall.
FYI I am in Connecticut. I am open to suggestions. We don't want to spend alot.
Thanks!
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with mohawk smartstrand!

A product called powerplay can be installed for about 2.25 per sq ft over a good cushion . We use in a ton pf PM Accounts

o

I looked online for mohawk powerplay and could not find it on their website.
Does it go under different names? I would like to look at it in person. I also heard about Aladdin treasure coast and couldn't find that online either.
Thanks,
Kim

o

They do not show many entry level products online...It's an odd business..believe me...more angles than you could ever imagine. Call your dealer and tell them to call their rep. The only one they will not be able to cross over or talk about is a Mohawk Portico label and this is not one of them. Good Luck.

o

kars1-

You should def follow up with your rep about getting the SmartStrand style you are looking for- this product is too incredible to miss out on! I use it on many of my projects and have never had an issue. Good luck with everything!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here