Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
home depot carpet installation

Posted by kars1 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 24, 11 at 18:08

My search for carpet continues..........
Today I saw a "Martha Stewart" Shaw R2X carpet at Home Depot for $1.99/sqft.
They are having an installation "special" of $37 plus the cost of installing on stairs. A salesman at an independent store said they add additional charges on top of the sale price. Does anyone have experience with HD? How about with the Smartstrand Silk line they sell there?
Thanks!
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: home depot carpet installation

They do like to add charges. The cheap install price is gimmicky to say the least, but it is real.If you are doing a smaller amount of square footage...an independent can normally peel the price even with the so called cheap installation.I will not get into how the do the cheap install as we offer that also, but there is no free lunch ever..HD lowes..no one can actually install it for that...they pay normal rate to their subs.On large jobs over 60 yards it does start to become an advantage for you price wise.
HD will always price match anyone..but one thing HD can match...and that is quality, communication, and customer service of a flooring retailer. Smartstrand silk is Mohawk off the Mohawk sorona color wall..Martha Stewart is shaw Anso. They do nickel and dime you at the box stores (charge you for tack strips, have installer measures..which I never agree with...it will always be more footage when an installer measures IMO, and they just line item you to death). But most of all, they will not match customer service and that my friend is worth something.

o

Work by the low bidder of unknown quality, but it is cheap.

o

I priced carpeting at Home Depot and Lowes in the fall. They are not cheap. I bought a Queen Anso nylon carpet at Home Depot 5 years ago. The price back then was very good. Now I find I got better prices at my local carpet dealer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here