Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Way to Clean Laminate Wood Floors?

Posted by mmoo1978 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 17:33

Hello! I have laminate wood floors, and dust them with a dust mop. However, I'm not sure what to use to really *clean* them thorougly. I am afraid to use too much water or that might ruin them... Advice?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Way to Clean Laminate Wood Floors?

What are the instructions from your flooring manufacturer? That is what I would follow - assuming you *have* those instructions. Otherwise, I think vinegar/water is always safe, or the cleaner from one of the flooring manufacturers - I think I use spray cleaner from Bruce (Laminate) flooring. I put it in the holder for my damp mop, dilute it with water (random amounts) to make it stretch - and clean away! Vinegar/water is more inexpensive, but the flooring cleaner really doesn't cost much since you aren't flooding the floor with it!

You have to be careful with other cleaners - some people use ammonia, or Windex for instance(shudder) - they might void the flooring warranty and probably risk ruining the finish on the floor.

o

I use no cleaners. Just a well-wrung out (water only) terry cloth bonnet and flat mop.

o

Less than year ago we had DuPont's Real Touch Elite laminate flooring installed in our kitchen. It appears that the seams are collecting dirt as they are getting darker. When I called DuPont, they were NOT at all friendly or helpful, and said this problem had never before been reported. I'd been using Bruce's Laminate Spray Cleaner. Wondering if any other DuPont Real Touch Elite owners are running into same problem?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here