Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stranded bamboo - reliable supplier?

Posted by zfrankle (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 17:12

We're redoing the floors of our apartment, and want to use floating (click-lock) stranded bamboo. (not carbonized) Reading through previous threads hasn't yielded a clear winner.
I know that Teragen gets great reviews, but it's also expensive. Are there any reliable options? We got some Cali bamboo samples that look nice, but I don't know how reliable they are. Any ideas for a good, reasonably-priced source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stranded bamboo - reliable supplier?

I purchased a significant amount of flooring from Cali Bamboo. The ordering process was easy. I ordered over the phone and the person who took my order did not order the correct product. It came, and was wrong. The entire thing was not managed well.

Other than the snafu with the shipping and return, the flooring is great. We glued it down on our concrete floor and love it.

Their delivery process could be smoother. They go with the lowest bidder and it shows. Cali requests two people to deliver, but this is not how it worked with the first company that delivered our product. Because of this, quite a bit of it was damaged. This turned out ok, since it was the wrong color product.

All said and done, I might order from them again when the freshness of the mess-up is behind me. It was most definitely less than anything else around, and it is a quality product - so far. I have 6 kids and it is in the bedrooms and our school room. We are on it a lot.

Susie

o

Thanks, Susie - that's exactly the kind of delay that would throw off our renovation schedule completely. We bought a small apartment, and the floors must be done before we move in. That's too much of a risk for saving a little money.

o

Thanks, Susie - that's exactly the kind of delay that would throw off our renovation schedule completely. We bought a small apartment, and the floors must be done before we move in. That's too much of a risk for saving a little money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here