Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eoz3106_gw

Experience with Vermont Plank flooring

eoz3106
12 years ago

I am in Houston and looking at instaling select solid oak flooring on screeds, in random width and length. I came across Vermont Plank online and have been impressed with them to this point. Does anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: VT Plank website

Comments (5)

• vshapiro
    11 years ago

I am considering Vermont Plank for my flooring provider. The BBB website said there had been 0 complaints against them in the last three years. Can you resend me the link to the complaint you found? Also, did you end up going with them? And if so what was your experience like? Anyone else out there have experience with Vermont Plank? Thanks.

• VTPlankFlooring
    11 years ago

Just wanted to send a post in response to the above comment about the BBB.
    We have had 0 complaints with BBB in last 3 years - since we joined.

We are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council for Responsible Forestry as well.

Thanks for allowing us to clarify this.

• sandrakh
    8 years ago

I can't even get them to return my phone call. I think they only are interested in the large $$$$ clients, not the little guy. I wouldn't bother.

• Russ Gauthier
    6 years ago

Russ Gauthier

6 hours ago-Edit

I am a General Contractor in New York. Have contracted engineered wood flooring purchases and installations, and have many residential contractor friends who have done the same. I purchased new Ash Pre-Engineered Flooring from Vermont Plank Flooring for my recent Kitchen/ Family Room Renovation over new plywood and radiant tubed plywood. The material was shipped with a faulty tongue/groove join, and my installer milled the tongue on every piece of flooring to make it work and avoid having to ship it back (with the ok of VPF). There were cracks in the P.E. Ash material, on the edges also. A professional installer installed all of the flooring. 1/3 of the flooring ended up having long pencil cracks in it. VPF visited the house, agreed it was their problem, and committed to fixing it through replacement or installation of a humidification system, and their expense. They later emailed back and reneged on that promise, and I am stuck with cracks for life in my brand new floor. If they'd stood by their word, I'd have no problem. Things happen in construction. But the fact that they 'changed their mind,' emailed their change of mind, and leave me with a very expensive mistake, causes me to write this review, and advise you to NEVER utilize this Flooring Manufacturer, Provider in the future. I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied.

• Russ Gauthier
    6 years ago

In closing, don't use them. And don't listen when you're promised something. You'll be disappointed and won't get their product backed up by them.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths