Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old house shakes when bounce on floor?

Posted by keatikr (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 11 at 17:03

hi I have an old house in Boston, built about 150 years ago. It has been rehabbed inside, but the floors upstairs are beautiful pumpkin pine...but when you walk/jump on them the whole room shakes. I want to put a treadmill in one room, but worried about the impact. Is it possible to stabilize the floors somehow and keep the pumpkin pine?

THANKS

Kristin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old house shakes when bounce on floor?

It isn't the floors, it is the structure holding them up. To reinforce that, you would have to take the ceiling out of the room below.

o
RE: Old house shakes when bounce on floor?

I wonder if putting the treadmill on a mat of some sort might help, maybe something similar to what I have linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soft floor tiles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here