Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loomie21

Hardner for Wood Floors?

loomie21
10 years ago

I have what appears to be engineered handscraped hardwood flooring throughout the house. I am not sure the brand because the previous owners did not leave any info about the flooring. I believe overall the planks are 8mm possibly. The wood is very soft and the tiniest thing will dent or scratch it. We have dogs and young kids. Is there anything that we can use to harden the floor at all to protect it against dents and scratches? Can this type of floor be refinished?

Comments (3)

• gregmills_gw
    10 years ago

Most engineered floors can be sanded. Most. Doesnt mean yours can. But it requires a pro. First step is to call and set up a bid.

• User
    10 years ago

Cut your dog's nails. They are too long. And think about putting in tile. There are zero wood floors that will warrant with pets. A haandscraped hickory is about as good as it gets at disguising wear.

• glennsfc
    10 years ago

There is such a process that hardens wood flooring. However, it cannot be done to an existing installed floor. The only domestic wood floor product that will resist denting is acrylic impregnated wood flooring and it is not readily available nor cheap.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH