Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nquisitiveblonde

Floored ... well, not yet

NQuisitiveBlonde
10 years ago

Hello,
Its me again.

I've got to make a final decision on flooring and I'd love some input.

My current floors are mid-to-bottom-of-the-line laminate floors and, because of a burst pipe, I've got to replace about 600 sq ft of flooring in my modest house. I've got two large dogs and probably will attempt to sell the house in the next 1-2 years.

My first inclination was to go with Pergo XP because I've got dogs; my concern, however, is that I've had moisture problems in the house since I moved in and I know that Pergo floors are subject to puckering with minimal exposure to moisture. I also just don't like the laminate flooring. I'm just tired of it.

My next inclination -- and where I'm at now -- is to do engineered click-lock "hardwoods." I've done a fair --read EXCESSIVE--amount of research and, from what I can tell, what I've picked out is durable and has consistently good reviews. Its a maple flooring. My concern, however, is with dogs that the floor will die a slow death from scratches. My solution for this is going to have area rugs over the flooring.

I'm not inclined to use tile; I do not live in an area where tile floors--outside of bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms--are common and I just don't like the feel underfoot.

What if I just paint my concrete slab?!

Hoping for thoughts.

-NQ

Comment (1)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area